What’s new in dementia this week
Ireland: Dementia in the media this week
1. ‘Spotting the danger signs of dementia...’
2. ‘Elderly home care scheme is likely to be means-tested’
Ireland: Date for your diary
1. 7th Annual Memory Clinic Conference
Registration is now open for the 7th Annual Memory Clinic Conference taking place on Friday June 16th 2017 in St. James's Hospital, Dublin 8.
Discounted early bird tickets are Ř80 and available until June 9th. Standard tickets are Ř100 thereafter.
To register for the conference please https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/memory-clinic-conference-7-tickets-32470198237
For conference details please see http://www.memoryclinics.ie/conference-timetable/conference-2014
2. Would you like to attend a dementia inclusive play in Cork?
The Stack Theatre located in CIT's Cork School of Music on Union Quay in Cork City Centre are showing ‘Puck and the Lovers’ based on Shakespeare’s ‘A Midsummer Night's Dream’ on Sunday April 23rd with two showings at 2pm and 6.30pm Admission is free, contact email@example.com for bookings.
UK: Dementia in the media this week
1. ‘HSBC unveils measures to help customers affected by dementia
2. ‘Healthcare professionals need more training to support LGBT people with dementia, report warns
3. ‘Innovative music therapy programme helps people living with dementia
4. ‘Reports that Marmite prevents dementia are laying it on a bit thick’
UK: Date for your diary
1. 2017 Dementia MRI Conference
The conference, which is ‘organised by imaging and clinical dementia scientists from Universities of Cardiff, Bristol and Cambridge and focuses on the role of MRI in risk identification, early diagnosis and clinical trials’, takes place from 22-23rd May at Cardiff University
Registration closes on April 15th, to register please see https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/dementia-mri-conference-2017-tickets-28917406742?aff=ehomecard
Worldwide: Date for your diary
1. DAI and ADI ‘A Meeting Of The Minds’ Webinar
As part of Alzheimer Disease International’s Conference in Kyoto, Marc Wortmann, Executive Director of Alzheimer's Disease International will host a webinar on April 26th at 9.30pm. The webinar will run for approximately 1 hour.
Worldwide: Dementia in the media this week
1. ‘Palliative care for dementia patients’
2. ‘Nursing home residents with dementia often get unneeded drugs at end of life’