For www.Dementia.ie, DSIDC follows guidelines on accessibility set out by the W3C (the World Wide Web Consortium). The W3C WAI (Web Accessibility Initiative) produces accessibility guidelines that are an internationally recognised benchmark of accessibility.
In designing this site, we have attempted to meet the WAI’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 requirements (success criteria) and techniques.
Making text bigger
Usually you will be able to increase the size of the text on web pages as follows:
- pressing the Control key [Ctrl] at the same time as plus (+) to make it bigger;
- pressing the Control key [Ctrl] at the same time as minus (-) to make it smaller;;
- for Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox, select Text size from the View menu;
- for hold the Control key and use the scroll wheel on your mouse;
- or hold the Control key and use the ‘+’ symbol to increase the text size.
Settings on an iPhone or iPad
If you use an iPhone or iPad to access the internet you can change the zoom settings to make it easier for you as follows;
- go to Settings > General > Accessibility and enable Zoom
- double-tap with three fingers to zoom the entire screen of your iPhone/iPod/iPad
- to move around, either hold three fingers on the screen and drag to show different parts of the screen, or hold one finger along the edge of the screen to pan
- if you need to zoom in more, double-tap with three fingers and drag up or down
- to zoom back out, double-tap again with three fingers
You can also configure the ‘home button’ to turn on zoom when you triple-click it.
A ‘breadcrumb’ link is available at the top of each page to help you navigate.
We aim to ensure that all content and decorative images on this site include descriptive ALT attributes. ALT titles are provided to explain the content or the purpose of the image in question.
Many of the publications are available in PDF format to enable easier reading and printing offline.
To read PDF documents, you need to have Adobe Reader on your computer.
Download Adobe Reader (https://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/)
DSIDC is committed to maintaining and monitoring accessibility on www.Dementia.ie