This course is for staff working in home care services, home help, home care organisers, coordinators and managers. No previous dementia education required.
To provide participants with a range of skills which allow them to best support the person with dementia in their care, and help them live well in their homes for longer.
- Build a relationship with people with dementia.
- Work within a team of people involved with a person with dementia while recognising
- the need for their own self care.
- Understand and respond to a range of emotions expressed throughout the dementia
- process and work with relationships in families and communities
- Work through a process to help with difficult every day dilemmas they may face in their role
- Support the person with dementia in meaningful activity at home and in the community
Course Dates: 4th Nov (day 1) & 11th Nov (day 2)