- Globally 50 million people are living with dementia in 2018 and this is expected to rise to 152 million by 2050 (ADI, 2019).
- Dementia became a trillion dollar condition during 2018 and that is forecast to double by 2030.
- 55,266 people living with dementia in Ireland and that is expected to increase to 113,000 by 2036.
- The national cost of dementia in 2011 was estimated to be €1.69 billion
- 63% of people living with dementia live in the community.
- Over 180,000 people in Ireland are currently or have been carers for a family member or partner with dementia.
- 10% of people diagnosed with dementia in Ireland are under 65.